Minnesota 1 Hour Business Management for Contractors
- 1 Hour Course
- 4.2 333 Reviews
This course is made up of one hour of instruction on business management. The class is intended to help contractors in Minnesota gain the hours of instruction required for license renewal.
This course covers the following topics:
- Starting a new business and the steps for starting a new business.
- Writing a business plan, will help escribe what a business plan is and the process for developing one.
- General principles of business management. This discusses core concepts that relate to management of a business.
- Day-to-day management concerns addresses the core everyday practices of a business, especially accounting.
- Business management: employees subcontractors and employment law. This will cover different forms of employment and the expectations of an employer.
- Human resources considerations will explore the human resources side of business management. This section covers such topics, as workers comp, employee rights, and payroll taxes.
To assist with comprehension and retention of the material, the course is broken up by two five-question incremental quizzes.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 20200293
- Approved By: MN DLI
Mike Melvin, owner of At Your Pace Online, LLC, is the instructor and industry expert for many of our courses. Mike has owned, operated, and worked for numerous construction companies. Mike's relevant construction experience includes framing, concrete construction, foundations, and roofing. As the current owner and an approved lead instructor for At Your Pace Online, he teaches multiple courses pertaining to construction and business. With over fifteen years of experience in the industry, Mike combines his proven understanding of teaching online education with the practical and academic industry knowledge needed by our students, to allow them to complete their courses and get back to the job site.