Florida Plumbing Continuing Education
Our Florida Plumbing Contractor continuing education courses are approved by the state to satisfy all of your continuing education requirements (Provider ID #0005624; CILB CE Provider License #PVD1291).
Take the continuing education to renew your FL Plumber's license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace Online to help you meet the state's requirements to maintain your license in the most convenient way possible. Once you finish your class we will even report your course completion directly to the state for you.
CE Requirements to Renew a FL Plumber License
- Registered Plumbing Contractors must renew by August 31st every odd-numbered year.
- Certified Plumbing Contractors must renew by August 31st of even-numbered years.
- The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board requires contractors obtain 14 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- Of the 14 total hours, 1 hour of each of the following topics must be completed:
- Workplace Safety (WPS);
- Workers' Compensation (WC);
- Business Practices (BSP);
- Advanced Building Code (ADV);
- Laws and Rules (L&R);
- The remaining 9 hours are considered 'General' and can cover any of the listed topics above.
- If your license was issued more than 1 year, but less than 2 years, prior to August 31st of the renewal year, you owe 7 hours of general credits of continuing education.
- If your license was issued less than 12 months prior to August 31st of the renewal years, you do not owe any continuing education.
Florida State Approval Letters
Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
Division of Professions Bureau of Education & Testing Continuing Education Unit
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1046
Phone: 850.921.8582 Fax: 850.922.2316
August 24, 2017
License Type: 0630 Ind/Org # 9980690 App # 18582 File # 13520
@ 1ST ATTEMPT (TRADESMANCE.COM)
Attn: TIMMOTHY BELL
531 N.E. "F" STREET
GRANTS PASS, OR 97526
The Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) has officially approved your continuing education course application. The course number is as follows:
14 HOUR FL PLUMBING CONTRACTOR: INTRO TO GREEN PRACTICES
Instructor(s): Mike Melvin
COURSE #: 0612179
COURSE HOURS: 14
COURSE EFFECTIVE: 7/11/2017
COURSE EXPIRES: 7/10/2020
This is a reminder that both the provider number and the course numbers are to be used when corresponding with this office and when making reference to or advertising your classes. It is the provider's responsibility to track course expiration dates and to submit renewal applications prior to the expiration date identified above. Course(s) must be taught in their entirety before they are reported to the department and partial credit is not permitted.
"Continued course approval is subject to the course content being maintained in accordance with the materials submitted for evaluation. Course materials should be modified to conform to changes in rules, statutes, codes and standards. You should submit significant modifications to course material to the department at least 90 days prior to those changes being incorporated into the course. The department or the board must approve such modifications before they may be incorporated into the course material."
All registered and certified contractors are required to have at least one hour each of a class in laws and rules, workplace safety, worker's compensation, business practice and specialized or advanced module course approved by the Florida Building Commission as part of their fourteen continuing education hours required for license renewal.
LICENSE EFFICIENTLY. REGULATE FAIRLY.