Florida Plumbing Continuing Education
Our Florida Plumbing Contractor continuing education courses are approved by the state to satisfy all of your continuing education requirements (Provider ID #0005624; CILB CE Provider License #PVD1291).
Take the continuing education to renew your FL Plumber's license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace Online to help you meet the state's requirements to maintain your license in the most convenient way possible. Once you finish your class we will even report your course completion directly to the state for you.
Florida 14 Hour Plumbing Contractor Package
This 14 hour course is specifically designed to meet the complete continuing education requirements for Florida Plumbing Contractors to renew their license.
This course includes topics to cover each of the specific (Workplace Safety, Workers' Compensation, Business Practices, 2020 Advanced Building Code, and Laws and Rules) and general hour requirements all in one simple package, so you can renew your license with confidence.
Florida 7 Hour 1st Time CE for Plumbing Contractors
This 7 hour course is made up of continuing education content for plumbing contractors in Florida who are preparing to renew a license for the first time. The content focuses on Florida 2020 advanced building codes, construction liens, wind mitigation, and construction safety.
Florida 1 Hour 2020 Advanced Building Code
This 1 hour class on the 7th Edition of the Florida Building Code-Residential covers every significant change from the model code as selected by the Building Commission in their Analysis of Changes for the 7th Edition (2020). It fulfills the one hour of advanced building code needed to renew a license.
CE Requirements to Renew a FL Plumber License
- Registered Plumbing Contractors must renew by August 31st every odd-numbered year.
- Certified Plumbing Contractors must renew by August 31st of even-numbered years.
- The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board requires contractors obtain 14 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- Of the 14 total hours, 1 hour of each of the following topics must be completed:
- Workplace Safety (WPS);
- Workers' Compensation (WC);
- Business Practices (BSP);
- Advanced Building Code (ADV);
- Laws and Rules (L&R);
- The remaining 9 hours are considered 'General' and can cover any of the listed topics above.
- If your license was issued more than 1 year, but less than 2 years, prior to August 31st of the renewal year, you owe 7 hours of general credits of continuing education.
- If your license was issued less than 12 months prior to August 31st of the renewal years, you do not owe any continuing education.