This Pittsburgh-approved course covers essential requirements found in Sections 6-15 of the 2021 International Mechanical Code (IMC). It also discusses changes from the previous IMC version. After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe approved materials and methods used for installing supply, return, and exhaust air duct systems.
- List design, installation, and maintenance requirements for different types of chimney and vent systems.
- Describe minimum construction and performance standards for fireplaces and solid fuel-burning equipment.
- Explain regulations concerning proper installation of boilers, water heaters, and pressure vessels.
- List design, installation, and operation requirements for refrigeration systems.
- Describe provisions for the installation and repair of piping used in building space conditioning systems.
- Explain regulations for the design and installation of above-ground and underground fuel oil storage and piping systems.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Pennsylvania - City of Pittsburgh HVAC/Mechanical
Reggie Hucks is an Inspection Services Administrator for High Point, NC. He has also served as the Code Administrator for Brunswick County and is a Level 3 Mechanical, Building, and Plumbing Inspector. He also is a certified mechanical contractor in North Carolina.