Alabama Home Builder Contractor Continuing Education
Our courses are approved by the state of Alabama to satisfy your continuing education requirements (Alabama HBLB Provider #005).
Complete continuing education to renew your AL license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace Online to help you meet the state's requirements to maintain your license. Once you finish your class, you will have an official certificate of completion to save for your records, and we will report your course completion to the state for you.
Alabama 4 Hour Contractor CE Course
This course will satisfy 4 hours of continuing education required for contractor licensees in Alabama.
This course provides an overview of tax accounting, including accounting concepts specific to the construction industry.
CE Requirements to Renew an AL Contractor License
All licensees and/or designated qualifying representatives for a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership under the age of 60 must obtain six (6) credit hours of continuing education to renew their license in 2022.
2 of the 6 total hours must be offered in a classroom or in a live-online setting, and cannot be offered in a solely online format.
Continuing education must be completed by November 30 to avoid a late fee of $50.
There are a few reasons a licensee could be exempt from having to complete CE:
- Military who were activated/deployed for 90 consecutive days during a licensure year
- Licensee submitting renewal application for the first time.
- Licensee experiencing a personal hardship (Must be approved by Continuing Education Committee).
- Licensee who has taught continuing education approved by the Board.
- If you are or will be age 60 by October 1st of the renewal year. In this case, you'd need to complete and return the Continuing Education Age Exemption Form to exempt yourself from the CE requirement.