Florida 1 Hour Residential Advanced Building Code Course
- 1 Hour Course
- 4.7 7 Reviews
This course provides certified and registered contractors with the one hour of required advanced continuing education with a focus on the most important changes in the Florida Building Code, Residential (FBC-R) made during the update from the 5th Edition (2014) to the 6th Edition (2017). In particular, the class will discuss the 11 changes to the FBC-R selected as the most important by the Florida Building Commission as well as 5 changes selected as significant by the ICC including codes on Wind Design Roof Loads in Exposure B, Floodplain Construction, Custom Doors; Underlayment; Pools; Cross-Laminated Timber; Emergency Escape and Rescue Openings, and Solar Energy Systems
By the end of this course, students will:
- Be familiar with the transition from the Florida Building Code, Residential (2014) to the 6th Edition of the FBC-R (2017);
- Apply the changes selected by the Florida Building Commission as significant for contractors in the state to their future practice;
- Be presented with some of the reasons for the changes, listed above; and
- Be provided links to the full code language of the 2017 FBC-R (and other ICC publications, when appropriate).
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 0613065
- Approved By: Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board
Mike Melvin, owner of At Your Pace Online, LLC, is the instructor and industry expert for many of our courses. Mike has owned, operated, and worked for numerous construction companies. Mike's relevant construction experience includes framing, concrete construction, foundations, and roofing. As the current owner and an approved lead instructor for At Your Pace Online, he teaches multiple courses pertaining to construction and business. With over fifteen years of experience in the industry, Mike combines his proven understanding of teaching online education with the practical and academic industry knowledge needed by our students, to allow them to complete their courses and get back to the job site.