This course is approved for one hour of workplace safety credit for Florida contractors.
At course completion, participants will:
- Define the purpose, scope, and arrangement of the NFPA 70E.
- List employer and employee responsibilities for maintaining compliance with the NFPA 70E.
- Recognize a qualified person on the jobsite.
- List safety requirements for contracted employees on a jobsite.
- Describe testing and troubleshooting procedures on a jobsite.
- Explain how to perform visual inspections of testing tools and equipment.
- Explain equipment handling and storage procedures.
- Recognize danger when working with equipment in wet and conductive areas.
- Describe required GFCI and AFCI protection.
- Explain lockout/tagout procedures.
- List the eight steps for verifying an electrically safe working condition.
- Explain the requirements for working on energized conductors, circuit parts, and equipment.
- Define an arc-flash.
- Describe an arc-flash assessment.
- Define personal protective equipment (PPE).
- List types of PPE for head, hands, feet, and body protection.
- Describe an arc-flash boundary.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 0802902
- Approved By: FL DBPR - Electrical Contractor's Licensing Board
Jerry previously served the state of North Carolina as a Level III electrical inspector and provided state-approved electrical training for electrical inspectors at both Alamance County and Guilford County (NC) Community Colleges. Jerry taught the Kentucky state-approved four-year electrical apprenticeship programs offered by the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Trade School and Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Trade School, and served the state of Kentucky as a Master Electrician and Louisville Metro Code Enforcement Officer. Jerry is a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and NCCER Core and Electrical Curriculum certified instructor. Jerry currently holds North Carolina and ICC electrical inspector accreditations and is recognized by the state of Washington as an approved electrical administrator.