After completing this safety HVAC continuing education course for Florida, the licensee should be able to:
- Define the purpose, scope, and arrangement of the NFPA 70E.
- List employer and employee responsibilities for maintaining compliance with the NFPA 70E.
- Recognize a qualified person on the jobsite.
- List safety requirements for contracted employees on a jobsite.
- Describe testing and troubleshooting procedures on a jobsite.
- Explain how to perform visual inspections of testing tools and equipment.
- Explain equipment handling and storage procedures.
- Recognize danger when working with equipment in wet and conductive areas.
- Describe required GFCI and AFCI protection.
- Explain lockout/tagout procedures.
- List the eight steps for verifying an electrically safe working condition.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 0614434
- Approved By: Florida DBPR
Reggie Hucks is an Inspection Services Administrator for High Point, NC. He has also served as the Code Administrator for Brunswick County and is a Level 3 Mechanical, Building, and Plumbing Inspector. He also is a certified mechanical contractor in North Carolina.