The course is approved for Kentucky electricians, plumbers, and HVAC technicians. It will fulfill the required 6 hours for Contractor Electricians (CE).
Topics covered include:
- guidelines for project management applicable to most projects with focus towards the construction trades,
- fundamentals to successfully complete all project requirements within the constraints of the contract,
- tangible contractual requirements and the client expectations,
- important information from NFPA 70E which equips workers exposed to electrical hazards with knowledge needed to apply safety requirements,
- the arrangement, scope, and purpose of 70E, as well as common terms, and
- securing an electrically safe work condition.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Kentucky Electrical Division
Jerry previously served the state of North Carolina as a Level III electrical inspector and provided state-approved electrical training for electrical inspectors at both Alamance County and Guilford County (NC) Community Colleges. Jerry taught the Kentucky state-approved four-year electrical apprenticeship programs offered by the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Trade School and Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Trade School, and served the state of Kentucky as a Master Electrician and Louisville Metro Code Enforcement Officer. Jerry is a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and NCCER Core and Electrical Curriculum certified instructor. Jerry currently holds North Carolina and ICC electrical inspector accreditations and is recognized by the state of Washington as an approved electrical administrator.