This 6-hour CE course is intended to help familiarize students with the laws, regulations, and best practices that pertain to the HVAC trade in Kentucky. The goal is to help Kentucky HVAC tradesmen transition to the 2012 International Mechanical Code and improve safety on the job. By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze the organization of the 2012 IMC and how to best read the code;
- Examine the various changes to Chapters 1-7 of the IMC;
- Assess how these changes address the current issues in the HVAC field; and
- Anticipate and respond to common safety concerns for HVAC contractors and work more safely.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Kentucky Dept. of Housing and Building
Dan Whaley, was trained in HVAC in the Air Force where he spent eight years after high school. His time in the Air Force gave him the opportunity to do everything from repairs of advanced systems to planning the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs that were used in over 250 facilities.Dan is currently a Lead Technician for a one million square foot, 300+ bed medical hospital.
Since 2010 Dan has been an instructor with At Your Pace Online overseeing the development and class delivery of every HVAC offering that we have. The courses that Dan instructs have been used by tens of thousands of HVAC technicians, including many where online education had not previously been allowed.