The class will cover 13 new & revised definitions from Chapter 1 General, including “Equipotential Plane”, “Free Air”. “Grounded Conductor”. “Island Mode”, and “Reconditioned”. By the end of this portion of the class, students will be able to:
- Navigate the 2020 NEC far more effectively;
- Participate to the degree the student desires in the code review process;
- Locate and act on the broad changes to the NEC;
- Locate and act on the new Articles in the NEC;
- Utilize the new definitions and requirements in their work and in their future use of the NEC; and
- More effectively comprehend other classes on changes to NEC-2020.
Then the class reviews 7 changes to the Articles on Emergency Systems and Optional Standby Systems, including guidance on incorporating alternative power sources. By the end of this portion of the class, students will be able to:
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Maryland State Board of Master Electricians
Charles "Chuck" Price is At Your Pace Online's Subject Matter Expert for the Electrical Trade. He started out in grocery management at the age of 18 and after 5 years decided to venture into the electrical trade in 1996. He served his apprenticeship and quickly became a foreman running work. He gained experience in many facets of the trade such as working on traffic signals, hospitals and healthcare buildings, waste water treatment plants, and many commercial applications including telecommunications data centers. He currently is working for the area's largest healthcare system.
One of his passions is working with kids - and that starts with his own two boys! He has coached youth football and basketball at several levels and is part of a men's organization that raises money for the youth as well. He is a leader in the local 4-H group, helping kids learn about animal science. All in all, Chuck focuses on being the best father he can be, while maintaining a firm grasp on the ever-changing electrical industry.