29 significant changes from Chapter 3 [Wiring Methods and Materials] are examined in this class, including the reorganization of Article 310 and Ampacity Tables, a new Article on Type P Cable, and a new Article 311 on Medium Voltage Cable. The class also covers important code revisions (or newly added codes) on:
- Protection Against Physical Damage with Alternative Metal Fittings;
- Boxes, Conduit Bodies or Fittings Required;
- Stair Towers (Exit Enclosures);
- Power Monitoring or Energy Management Equipment in Enclosures;
- Volume Allowance for EGCs and Equipment Bonding Jumpers;
- Outlet Boxes for Ceiling Fans;
- Type MC Cable in Hazardous Locations;
- Measuring Type NM Cable from the Enclosure; and
- Limitations of Single Conductor Applications in Cable Tray Systems; and
- Conductor Size and Termination in Cablebus.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: MN DLI
Charles "Chuck" Price is At Your Pace Online's Subject Matter Expert for the Electrical Trade. He started out in grocery management at the age of 18 and after 5 years decided to venture into the electrical trade in 1996. He served his apprenticeship and quickly became a foreman running work. He gained experience in many facets of the trade such as working on traffic signals, hospitals and healthcare buildings, waste water treatment plants, and many commercial applications including telecommunications data centers. He currently is working for the area's largest healthcare system.
One of his passions is working with kids - and that starts with his own two boys! He has coached youth football and basketball at several levels and is part of a men's organization that raises money for the youth as well. He is a leader in the local 4-H group, helping kids learn about animal science. All in all, Chuck focuses on being the best father he can be, while maintaining a firm grasp on the ever-changing electrical industry.