This 4-hour course will provide Montana plumbers with a review of the Montana Plumbing Code, and the most recent and significant amendments to the Code. We'll review licensing regulations, exceptions, and penalties for licensing violations, before we move on to the parts of the Code that apply to your everyday work.
Areas that are affected by amendments, and that will be discussed, include fixtures and fittings, garage installation, approved backflow prevention devices, materials and the size of meters and pipes, commercial dishwashing equipment, drainage piping, venting, the use of gas in healthcare facilities, and the use of copper tubing underground.
After that, we'll move on to a discussion of Montana Building Construction Standards, found in Title 50, Chapter 60 of the MCA. We'll look at Parts 1, 2, and 3 of the MCA, as well as Residential Energy Efficiency guidelines found in Part 8.
Next, we'll cover the Montana Construction Code, and which parts have been adopted by the state of Montana. We'll close with a look at the Montana Energy Code and the provisions of it that affect plumbers.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Montana Department of Labor & Industry
Ray Trujillo is the instructor and industry expert for Plumbing Trade Courses. With over 35 years experience. His experience includes leading and instructing diverse organizational teams.
• Local Union 412 Plumbing & Pipefitting Instructor
• Plumbing Instructor for Central New Mexico Community College
• Military Leadership Instructor for students attending Santa Clara, Stanford, San Jose State Universities and Area Community Colleges
• Considerable experience in student integration, developmental, performance and matriculation counseling
• Exceedingly proficient with automated office and classroom systems
Ray has held the following positions in he diverse career:
• Training Director
• Assistant Training Coordinator
• Plumbing & Gasfitting Instructor
• Assistant Chief Executive Officer
• Senior Military Science Instructor
• Unit Supervisor and Performance Counselor
• Assistant Manager / Network Administrator / Help Desk Technician
• Squad Leader
• Team Leader
Ray's further education and training:
• UA Star Plumbing Mastery Course, Ann Arbor, MI
• Administering the JATC for Training Directors/Coordinators, Annapolis, MD
• Veteran In Piping (VIP) Course, Ann Arbor, MI
• OSHA 500 Course, San Diego, CA
• OSHA 501 Course, Nederland, TX