2012 UPC and IFGC for Montana Plumbers 4-Hour CE Class
- 4 Hour Course
- 4.5 20 Reviews
This 4-hour course will satisfy CE requirements for plumbers in Montana, primarily focusing on the changes to Chapters 9 through 17.
Chapters 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14 contain minor changes which will be reviewed briefly. Then, we'll spend some time discussing Chapter 16, which covers alternative source for non potable water applications. This Chapter was entirely replaced with Chapter 5 from the Green Plumbing and Mechanical Code Supplement. We'll also talk about why this big change was made.
Chapter 17, which addresses non potable rainwater catchment systems, has also been revised due to the need for alternative water sources and reduced water usage. After that, we'll review updates to the appendices, before moving on to the IFGC.
Montana adopted the International Fuel Gas Code to replace the IFGC as the state code for fuel gas piping and appliances in Chapter 12 of the UPC. We'll talk about which sections of the Code apply, and what these means in practice.
After that, we'll briefly review Chapters 1 through 7 of the IFGC, and the amendments to general requirements, gas piping installations, chimneys, and vents.
Please note this course expires and must be completed by May 31, 2020 to receive your CE credit.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Montana Department of Labor & Industry
Ray Trujillo is the instructor and industry expert for Plumbing Trade Courses. With over 35 years experience. His experience includes leading and instructing diverse organizational teams.
• Local Union 412 Plumbing & Pipefitting Instructor
• Plumbing Instructor for Central New Mexico Community College
• Military Leadership Instructor for students attending Santa Clara, Stanford, San Jose State Universities and Area Community Colleges
• Considerable experience in student integration, developmental, performance and matriculation counseling
• Exceedingly proficient with automated office and classroom systems
Ray has held the following positions in he diverse career:
• Training Director
• Assistant Training Coordinator
• Plumbing & Gasfitting Instructor
• Assistant Chief Executive Officer
• Senior Military Science Instructor
• Unit Supervisor and Performance Counselor
• Assistant Manager / Network Administrator / Help Desk Technician
• Squad Leader
• Team Leader
Ray's further education and training:
• UA Star Plumbing Mastery Course, Ann Arbor, MI
• Administering the JATC for Training Directors/Coordinators, Annapolis, MD
• Veteran In Piping (VIP) Course, Ann Arbor, MI
• OSHA 500 Course, San Diego, CA
• OSHA 501 Course, Nederland, TX