Oklahoma Plumbing Continuing Education
Our courses are approved with the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board to satisfy your continuing education requirements.
Take the continuing education to renew your OK plumbers license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace Online to help you meet the state's requirements to maintain your license. Once you finish your class you will have an official certificate of completion to save for your records, and we will report your course completion to the state for you.
Oklahoma 6 Hour 2018 IPC Code Changes and Amendments
This 6-hour class satisfies the continuing education required for all journeyman plumbers and plumbing contractors in Oklahoma needed to renew a license. The class includes an examination based on the proceedings of the ICC Technical Committees and will cover the following subjects:
- Every significant change made to the 2018 IPC during the 2015-2018 code review cycle
- Every amendment proposed by the OUBCC in the course of adopting the 2018 IPC
- and more!
OK CIB Course ID #: 14403-P
Requirements to Renew an Oklahoma Plumbing License
Because you don’t need to do very much, it can be easy to forget about renewing your license with the Construction Industries Board (CIB). We want to help you avoid that headache — and the added cost that comes with a late renewal — so we outlined all of the steps you need to take to renew your Oklahoma plumbing license. Here’s a look at what you need to do when.
- Journeymen and contractor plumbers need to renew their licenses every year and take six hours of CE every three years.
Every year: renew your license
You need to renew your license every year.
The renewal form is a simple, one-page document. Completing your renewal just comes down to getting that form mailed in within 30 days after your expiration date and paying the fee.
Every three years: Take continuing education
The CIB requires that both journeymen and contractors take six hours of continuing education (CE) every 36 months (basically, every three years). While that’s not a huge number of hours, it can get a little tricky since the deadline for the CE doesn’t necessarily coincide with your license renewal deadline.
If the time comes to renew your license and you don’t have at least six hours of CE in the last three years, you’ll be ineligible for renewal. To make sure you don’t find yourself facing this hassle, it can be helpful to set a reminder on your calendar that can go off every three years.
In order for your six hours to count toward this requirement, they need to come from an education provider that the state has approved. Fortunately, they’ve greenlit some education providers to offer Oklahoma plumbing CE online. That way, you can get your hours done at a time and location that’s convenient for you, like your home or office.
Once you finish your course, your CE provider should report your hours to the state for you. Take six hours triennially and you’ll keep yourself continually eligible for plumbing license renewal.
Contractors only: do three more things
If you have a plumbing contractor license, the CIB requires you to do a few more things. Specifically, you need to:
- Maintain the bond and insurance you had to get in order to activate your license in the first place
- Follow apprentice requirements, which basically means having three or fewer per contractor, plus keeping track of and verifying their hours and signing their apprentice applications each year
- Keep your license properly displayed
State Of Oklahoma Plumbing License Renewal Deadlines
- Your license expires on the last day of your birth month, every year. If you were born in September, your license expires September 30, every year.
- Continuing education is required once per code cycle.