Utah Contractor Continuing Education
Under a partnership with the UPHCA, our online courses are approved to help meet the continuing education requirement for all Plumbing, HVAC, and Water Softener contractors in the State of Utah. They will not meet the requirement for General contractors.
Utah 3 Hour Water Supply and Distribution
This 3 hour course of continuing education training is designed for contractors and plumbers in Utah.
The course will explore some of the significant changes that were made to the IPC. Specifically, this class will discuss the regulations affecting water heaters, water supply, and nonpotable water systems.
Note: Only Plumbing, HVAC, & Soft Water Contractors can receive credit for this course.
DOPL Course #: 15295
Utah 3 Hour Sanitary and Storm Drainage Systems
This is a 3 hour course that is built to provide contractors and plumbers in the Utah with core continuing education training.
This course covers various topics including the following:
- Sanitary drainage systems
- Traps, Interceptors, and Separators
- Storm Drainage
Note: Plumbing, HVAC, & Soft Water Contractors are the only types of contractors who can receive credit for this course.
DOPL Course #: 15297
Utah 3 Hour General Plumbing Regulations
This course is 3 hours long and provides Utah contractors and plumbers with core continuing education content.
This course looks at topics related to general plumbing regulations including the following:
- General regulations
- Fixtures and faucets
- Energy Efficiency
Only Plumbing, HVAC, & Soft Water Contractors will receive credit for taking this course.
DOPL Course #: 15299
Utah 3 Hour OSHA Safety Training
This 3 hour core continuing education course is focused on OSHA safety standards and overall job-site safety. This course is intended for contractors and plumbers.
The following are some of the topics that will be addressed in this course:
- OSHA Safety Training for HVAC and Plumbing Contractors
- Hazardous Substances & Environmental Risks
- Workplace Hazards
- Employer Responsibilities
Note: Only Plumbing, HVAC, & Soft Water Contractors can receive credit for completing this course.
DOPL Course #: 15301
Utah 3 Hour Changes to the 2015 IMC - Chapters 1-5
The 3 hours of continuing education content contained in this course are intended for plumbers and plumbing, HVAC, & soft water contractors in Utah.
This course discusses the changes that were made to the first 5 chapters of the IMC.
DOPL Course #: 15405
Utah 3 Hour Changes to the 2015 IMC - Chapters 6-15
This 3 hour course on changes to the IMC has been approved to provide credit to plumbers and contractors who complete it.
Topics examined in this course include:
- Changes to Chapters 6 and 7 of the IMC
- Changes to Chapters 8 and 9 of the IMC
- Changes to Chapters 10 and 11 of the IMC
Note: Only contractors who specialize in Plumbing, HVAC, and Soft Water will be able to receive credit for this course.
DOPL Course#: 15407
What Are The Education Requirements for Utah Contractors?
- In the state of Utah, licensed contractors are required to obtain 6 hours of continuing education every two years.
- 3 hours must be 'core' classes, and the other 3 can be Core or Professional courses.
- Additionally, only 3 hours of a contractor's continuing education can be done in an online format. The remaining 3 of your 6 hours must come from a live classroom format course.