Utah 2018 IPC: Chapters 7-15 and UT Amendments (4 Hours Code)
- 4 Hour Course
Utah adopted the 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC) as amended for Utah as the new plumbing code for the state, effective July 1, 2019. This four-hour class covers:
- 28 of the most significant changes made to Chapters 7 through 15 of the 2018 IPC; and
- Every one of the more than 70 amendments made to the 2018 IPC when Utah adopted it as the new plumbing code for the state, effective July 1, 2019.
It uses a cut-and-paste approach as the best way to show the changes from 2015 to 2018 in the IPC as well as the cuts and additions to the model code made by Utah amendment. Each significant IPC code change is discussed to clarify the nature of the revision, the reasons for the change, and any effects on working plumbers in Utah based, in part, on the deliberations of the Technical Committees. Each amendment is discussed either separately or in combination with other, related amendments in order to clarify the intent and impact on working plumbers. Numerous links are also provided to the model codes, statutes, and rules referenced in the codes and amendments.
This class is intended to accompany another AYPO class on significant changes to Chapters 1 through 6 of the 2018 IPC.
By the end of this class students will be:
- Up-to-date on the model IPC codes from Chapter 7 (Sanitary Drainage) through the end of the book.
- Familiar with every amendment made by Utah to the 2018 IPC when adopting it as the plumbing code for the state;
- Able to navigate the various amended and model codes and other rules and regulations that apply to plumbing work;
- Clear on how these amendments, codes, and rules work together; and
- Prepared to participate fully in the review processes used to update the IPC every three years and to amend the IPC for Utah.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 15199
- Approved By: Utah DOPL
Mike Hail is a Subject Matter Expert in the plumbing trade. He has over 30 years experience in numerous aspects of plumbing, that includes residential plumbing in all phases, from new construction, to remodel and repair. He also has extensive commercial and industrial experience and a background in healthcare setting as well. Mike has certification in various industry leading products and in the installation of CPVC, Polyethylene, and corrugated stainless steel tubing gas system.