This class covers two related topic areas:
1) Graywater Systems – a specific and detailed survey, including Basic Rules, Economics, Health Concerns, Estimating Graywater & Best Practices for Design, Installation & Maintenance
2) POWTS – History, principles, laws & regulations; key design considerations, septic tanks & soil absorption fields, alternative technologies, and commercial/institutional systems.
By the end of this class students will be able to:
- Apply the most up-to-date approaches to graywater systems;
- Know what to look for and how to handle private onsite water treatment systems; and
- Be more knowledgeable on the resources available and current best practices for both graywater systems and POWTS, including a review of Utah's regulation of POWTS in Rule R317-4.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 19364
- Approved By: Utah DOPL
Randy Drake is a licensed, master plumber with over 32 years' experience in the industry. He founded a plumbing business in 1993 which he successfully sold in 2013. He currently works for a plumbing company based in Traverse City, Michigan.