Instead of a broad survey, this class dives deep into a single topic central to the plumbing trades, including discussions of underlying principles and of best practices. It offers a comprehensive course of study on all aspects of residential water heaters.
A look at water heaters from every angle, including:
- How they work and available options;
- Proper sizing;
- Codes and Standards including highlights from the 2015 IPC© & 2015 UPC©;
- Venting, Cathodic Protection, Managing pressure & Expansion Tanks;
- Managing temperature & scalding risk;
- Using water heaters to heat spaces, floors, and driveways;
- Green water heaters including Water Conservation, Geothermal, Demand Hot Water Recirculating Systems & Solar Water Heaters; and
- Harmful microbes including Controlling Legionella.
- Best practices, including, Selection, Maintenance & Coping with DIY Plumbing