Maryland Electrical Continuing Education
Our Maryland electrician continuing education courses are approved by the state to satisfy your continuing education requirements. All of our courses are also now approved with the Cecil County Board of Electrical Examiners.
Take the continuing education to renew your MD electricians license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace Online to help you meet the state's requirements to maintain your license. Once you finish your class you will have an official certificate of completion to save for your records.
Maryland 5 Hour 2020 NEC Review Chapters 1, 3, 8, & 9
First this class covers the most widely applied codes in the NEC, the Definitions and General Requirements of Chapter 1.
Reviewing every significant change made to Chapter 3 Wiring Methods & Materials in the 2020 National Electrical Code. This is a critical Chapter addressing the most central provisions of the NEC for safe and reliable wiring methods that affect almost every kind of electrical installation.
Also all changes made to Chapters 8 Communication Systems and 9 Tables in the 2020 National Electrical Code.
Maryland Electrician License Renewal Continuing Education Requirements & Deadlines
- In the state of Maryland, electricians licensed at the state level must complete 10 hours of continuing education every two years. 5 hours are permitted to be online, but the other 5 hours must be in a classroom setting.
- If you are licensed with an individual county, the requirements are different:
- Cecil County: 5 hours every year (all may be completed online)
- Queen Anne's County: 10 hours every two years (only 5 hours may be done online)
- Prince George's County: 10 hours every two years (all can be online)
- Caroline County: 10 hours every two years (all can be online)
- Harford County: 10 hours every two years (only 5 hours may be done online)