Kentucky Complete 6 Hour 2020 Code Plumbing CE Package
- 6 Hour Course
- 4.6 3020 Reviews
This 6-hour course will provide Kentucky plumbers with an overview of the Kentucky State Plumbing Code, including both new and updated sections of the code.
The class begins with a review of the laws and regulations that dictate how the Kentucky State Plumbing Code is administered, covering the types of licenses and requirements for education, before moving on to the Code itself.
The body of the code review begins with the 22 Basic Principles of the code which are intended to promote sanitary and safety principles for both industry professionals and consumers.
Some basic changes that will be covered include: licensing, permits, and vehicle identification requirements. The class moves on to cover topics such as regulations for waste pipe systems, house sewers, and medical gas piping installations, and a new section that now houses the bulk of provisions for water heating devices among others.
The class will focus on Kentucky-specific conservation issues, and will cover the International Energy Conservation Code and its pathways of compliance.
Some other topics this course will cover include:
- Kentucky Administrative Rules
- Current codes adopted by Kentucky; KBC, KRC, IMC, IECC, NFPA, etc.
- The 22 Basic Principles that lay the foundations of the Kentucky Plumbing Code
- The Kentucky Administrative Regulations
- Permits and fees
- Water Heating Devices
- Lead-Free Rules
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Minimum Fixture Requirements
- The International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
This course includes an incremental quiz of 4 questions approximately every 20 minutes.
- Additionally, the Rainwater Harvesting system class will cover:
- Reasons driving the need for rainwater harvesting
- History of the rainwater harvesting process
- Advantages and drawbacks of utilizing rainwater harvesting systems
- Structure and function of rainwater harvesting systems
There is no additional quiz for the Rainwater Harvesting class.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Kentucky Division of Plumbing
Chris D'Amato is the instructor and industry expert for Plumbing Trade Courses. With over 25 years experience, he has held a Journeyman Plumbing license since 2001 performing all aspects of plumbing in new construction, light commercial, remodels and service. Chris manages his own multifaceted plumbing shop coordinating a wide range of services from Property Management accounts to plumbing whole subdivisions and providing services to large living facilities for the the State of Oregon. In his tenure at AYPO he has helped thousands of plumbing licensees keep up with their continuing education requirements.