Florida HVAC Continuing Education
Our Florida contractor continuing education courses are approved by the state to satisfy all of your continuing education requirements (Provider ID #0005624; CILB CE Provider License #PVD1291).
Take the continuing education to renew your FL HVAC license today. All of our courses can be completed At Your Pace Online to help you meet the state's requirements to maintain your license. Once you finish your class, you will get an official certificate of completion to save for your records, and we will report your course completion to the state for you.
Florida 14 Hour HVAC Contractor Package
This 14 hour course is specifically designed to meet the continuing education requirements for Florida Contractors to renew their license.
This course includes:
- 2020 Florida Advanced Building Code Update (1 Hr ADV)
- Advanced Florida Business Practices: Liens (1 Hr Business Practices)
- Regulations Governing Contractors (1 Hr Laws & Rules)
- Regulations Governing Wind Mitigation (1 Hr Wind Mitigation)
- Construction Safety (3 Hrs Workplace Safety)
- Workers' Compensation (1 Hr Workers' Compensation)
- The Basics of Masonry (2 Hr General)
- Drywall Fundamentals (1 Hr General)
- Building the Exterior Shell (3 Hrs General)
This course meets all of your requirements (ADV, BSP, L&R, WMM, WC & WPS)
Florida 7hr 1st time CE for HVAC Contractors
This course is made up of 7 hours of content that HVAC contractors in Florida can use to complete the education requirements for the first time renewal of a license. This course covers a number of topics including 2020 Florida building code, state regulation of contractors, wind mitigation, and construction safety.
Florida 1 Hour 2020 Advanced Building Code
This 1 hour class on the 7th Edition of the Florida Building Code-Residential covers every significant change from the model code as selected by the Building Commission in their Analysis of Changes for the 7th Edition (2020). It fulfills the one hour of advanced building code needed to renew a license.
CE Requirements to Renew a FL HVAC License
- Registered Mechanical Contractors must renew by August 31st of every odd-numbered year
- Certified Mechanical Contractors must renew by August 31st of even-numbered years.
- The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board requires contractors to obtain 14 total hours of continuing education every two years.
- 1 hour on each of the following topics must be completed in order to renew:
- Workplace Safety (WPS)
- Workers' Compensation (WC)
- Business Practices (BSP)
- Advanced Building Code (ADV)
- Laws and Rules (L&R)
- The remaining 9 hours are considered 'General (HI)' and can cover any of the listed topics above.
- If your license was issued more than 1 year, but less than 2 years, prior to August 31st of the renewal year, you owe 7 hours of general credits of continuing education.
- If your license was issued less than 12 months prior to August 31st of the renewal years, you do not owe any continuing education.